Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Mark of the Beast

I'm sure you're all aware of the "mark of the beast" that is referred to in the Bible. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of my encounter with "666." Here's a little background info. Brent and I were asked to lead a small group at out church on Sunday nights. So it's Sunday at around 5:45 and we had just dropped Camryn off to stay with her Nana (thank goodness). Brent was hungry so he wanted to stop at McDonalds to get something to eat before group. We got to the window and ordered, "3 chipolte snack wraps (crispy) no lettuce, fries, and a large sweet tea." Our total came across the screen, "$6.66." Brent said, "Wow look at that." I responded with, "Do you think they can add a penny to it or something?"



I was really upset about something that had happened earlier and was talking to Brent about it as we pulled up to the window. He had lost his patience with me about this and was not very compassionate and defintiely not understanding. After getting our food and LARGE tea, I told him that my issue was making me feel sick to my stomach. He turned to me and basically said, "You just need to stop worrying about it and get over it!" I felt like one of those cartoon characters who gets so mad that steam blows out of their nose, ears, mouth, and head. Without thinking, I threw the LARGE cup of sweet tea across the car at Brent and it hit the window and spewed everywhere. THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!!! I can't believe I did that. I never do irrational things! Even in the heat of the moment I usually make better decions than I did that day. So as you can imagine Brent's steaming at the point so what's left of the cup flies back across the car and hits me in the neck. I still can't believe we did this! How silly looking back on the situation!



So picture this...Brent and Tonya AKA grow group leaders driving down the road drenched in McDonalds' sweet tea headed to lead grow group. Brent made the comment that it looked like we had just washed the car, only the water (tea) droplets were on the inside of our car. We called our grow group members to let them know we were running late. We went home cleaned ourselves and the car up. It was a mess! The radio facing still has tea stuck on the inside where we couldn't get it out (sticky battlewound). Weekend project I guess. Note to self: Next time you get mad and want to throw something, don't do it anywhere that you have to clean it up!!!!! So that was my encounter with the mark of the beast. Make sure if this happens to you, just give a little extra money and drive off quickly before the clerck can give it back or you might be left cleaning up after "the mark of the beast."

No comments:

Post a Comment