Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why are things always so much harder for me?

Here's the situation...I'm currently in the process of getting my masters in education. I'm in educational research I right now and two weeks away from my final class in there. I've been working on my thesis paper (since SWU has such high expectations we can't just do a research paper). This paper has to be between 30 and 50 pages. The professor said that we had to write an approval letter to let the principal know that we were planning to do research in our school. I did that and submitted it during Christmas break. My principal said that she had to forward it to the GCS district for approval. After three attempsts at trying to get a response, she sends me an email with an approval attachment. I guess the letter I submitted was not good enough becasue this letter was three pages and asking for basically a finished project, but remember you can't do any research until it's approved. What if they denied it? Would one do all that work for NOTHING? My sweet and caring VP called the guy at the research department and got things straightened out for me. Thanks Mr. H! You're the best (no matter how much I tell you you're not)! Turns out, I can learn about the things that I have to submit with the research request form and submit it before I actually survey or collect any data, but the bottom line is that I have to go through all this JUNK to do a stinkin' project. That's just dumb if you ask me. I would really prefer it if they would just give me the data without any student names on it to be honest. Wouldn't that be easier? We all know GCSD doesn't know easy right?

My biggest problem with this whole situation is that I am the only student in my entire cohort who is having to go through this long, drawn-out process. Sucks to be me! The sad thing is that there are only 2 teachers who don't work for GCSD, but everyone eles's principals just signed off on their approval letter. I admire my principal for obeying ALL the rules, but it's just blows my mind that no other principals are following the procedures they are supposed to. Frustrating to say the least!

Why me? I'm always the one who has to work harder at everything. Grades don't come easy to me. I work hard for those. My first pregnancy was very rough. My second pregnancy was even worse. I had three blighted ovums (not just one or even two, but THREE), which was really hard on me and still haunts me to this day. Not to mention, I'm still paying on my bill from that. In college I could never find a decent part time job. Finanaces have always been a struggle. You don't want to even get me started on my first grade class this year. They are the toughest group to teach that I've ever experienced. Why can't things come easy to me like they do for so many people around me? I can hear my dad right now, "Life's just not fair, Tonya." I try to do well, and I'm always working toward being a better wife, mom, Christian, sister, friend, daughter, TEACHER, and person in general. I just don't get it! I'm just holding to the advice Brent gives me on this subject. "Maybe if you work harder for things, you'll appreciate them more." Honestly, I think that at this point in my life I would be so appreciative to "EASY!"

I'm not posting this for sympathy, but, much like yesterday, I just needed to vent. Sorry you had to be the "shoulder to cry on." Maybe tomorrow will be more positive! I'm going to choose to have a "great day."

No comments:

Post a Comment